Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Kenneth Floyd Sacry

I recently got to spend a little time with Ken. Not enough. I came away going, "I really like that guy!" He's an amazing person. I really like him. I love his laugh. People say to me, "Is he the one with the laugh?" I think Ken is like this ball of light that goes around lighting up people's lives wherever he goes. Each place he visits gets a little bit of the light and the world's a better place because he stopped by. Even when his own life is hard he cares about others. He sees their needs and does something to help.
I love his honesty. Even if he will miss a sale, he tells his customers the truth. "No, you really don't need that heater." or "You really could wait a year for that."
It blesses me that there is someone who still speaks the truth.
I love his straight forward attitude. Like in our family meetings when he asks direct questions and is open.
I love his desire to learn. He keeps taking classes and reads all the time. He wants to know things and learn.
I love his Mom-like faith. He sees God's involvement in things and praises.
I love his tender heart. I appreciate his generosity.
I love his determination to do what is right. His priorities are mostly right.
I love his strong body and warm hugs.
I love that he keeps in touch with his siblings.
I love his pretty eyes, the way they sparkle when he talks.
OK, so here's what I don't like about Ken.
I don't like that he doesn't take time for himself often enough. Because I love him i want him to get a massage once a week, relax more often, tell his customers he needs Saturday and Sunday off every week, exercise, whatever. I want him to come to Montana and just play. Or take a vacation that's just for him.
I know you read my blog, Ken. So are you taking time for yourself today?
I love you.

No comments: