Thursday, February 25, 2010

For me

For me. I listened to my pray-as-you-go website today. It was about how we can, none of us, ever be perfect or even close to God's perfection. It's not about condemnation but about mercy. As I listened I thought about Mom. No matter what I did she was for me. She was my advocate. Moms generally are that way. They always want our best so sometimes they get after us. But even when we get mad at them for getting after us, deep within we know they are doing it because they love us. And, ultimately, having a parent means (for most of us) that somewhere, someplace there is someone who is attached to us at the heart. No matter what we do we are deeply loved and supported.
There is this place where love is found. That is surely what God is - only even more so. For us. Deeply committed to us, not because of what we are but because God is connected to us at the heart. And God IS love. God gets after us, just like our Mom. Exactly because Love does that. God is for us.

No comments: