Tuesday, February 9, 2010

# 4 Pray over everything

Prayer in our home growing up was just such a way of life. I give Mom credit for that. She prayed about everything and then gave God credit when it happened.
When I wanted to go to Graceland after high school I asked God to help me be able to do that. I planned on going but I didn't have much money. Really, I worked every summer, mostly at the school for retarded children in Boulder. And I worked the summer after my Senior year. I lived with Ballards during the week and then came home on the weekends. I remember the day Mom called to tell me I'd gotten a letter from Graceland. She opened it and read it to me. I'd gotten a loan, grant and work assignment that covered my going to Graceland my first year. We praised God together.
"God is good," we said. And when I got to Graceland I roomed with Susan in the dorm that first semester. She and I waited excitedly each month when Veda Jacob's check came in the mail. $15 each month. We used it for our necessities like laundry, books, and notebooks. Truthfully, I can't remember what else we needed. That's just one example of praying and trusting God for stuff.

No comments: