Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Pain

Whenever I am in pain I learn. When I was ugly after my brain surgery I thought about all the people who have a lopsided face all the time and others who can't eat correctly because of some kind of physical problem. When I had my hysterectomy (sp?) and Terry was with me so faithfully I thought of those who don't have anyone to love and support them. When my children were small I appreciated those who are single parents and never get support. This week I am thinking of those who have no teeth, or those who are in constant pain and are crabby. I get it and the only way I get it is because I'm uncomfortable. I don't like uncomfortable. I really despise pain. I am grateful for the empathy it brings to me. Maybe that's why God invented it (no theological arguements please). It can bring us together because we have compassion. The people I admire the most are those who have experienced lots of pain. I want to be like them. But I don't want the pain that made them that way.
Mmmmmmm...

No comments: