Tuesday, November 17, 2009

food

One of the things I am most grateful for about my upbringing is the way I was fed. I love, for example, that almost every morning Mom fixed the following: hot cereal, eggs, meat, toast, or pancakes or french toast. I almost put "each morning" but I know that someone might not believe me though I think it's true. I can't imagine the amount of time, energy and commitment that took. I thought I was doing good to always have one of the following: french toast, pancakes, eggs ,etcfor my own kids. Diane tells me by the time she came around it was cold cereal. One of the draw backs of being at the end instead of the beginning.
I also loved having a variety of food on the supper table. I understand Dad demanded meat and potatoes rather than casseroles but I still loved it. We always had desserts too but I never thought about eating 3 or 4 helpings because there was so much variety. I think it's a good thing.
ok, I'm writing about food because I had oral surgery and I can only have soft stuff this week. I'm really tired of yogart. This morning I woke up dreaming about a salad. Karen Sacry brought a salad to a meal Saturday night. I'm still thinking about it.
Some of my friends make fun of me when I order a salad when we eat out. Like they want me to have a huge burger. But I really love salads and veggies and fruit. I am giving my Mom and grandmothers the credit for this because I still love variety and I like food that is good for me. ok, so I love lots of butter and a little too much bread. (does it count that I prefer whole wheat?)

No comments: