Friday, September 4, 2009

Grazing

I used to stuff myself when a meal was good. And I did it pretty often. It really was not hard to do and I didn't feel too miserable. The last few years that is not fun anymore. I don't like to eat too much. Let me correct that statement - I like to eat too much but not all at once. I'm more of a grazer.
Today I was thinking that, as I've gotten older I am more of a spiritual grazer.
I used to live for those special camps, reunions, retreats, etc. They kept me going.
That once a year high was the thing! Now, I can't do it that way. I still love those events but I love just as much the early morning prayer times each day that keep me balanced. And I'm really wanting to even spiritually graze a little more often. Like remembering to include God in each event of my day. Remembering God's presence when I'm cutting up carrotts, mowing the yard, visiting a friend. I'd like to learn how to never stuff myself, but often fill myself with the knowledge that I am loved. When I do that, I love life. (Bye the way, how do you spell grazing?)

No comments: