Wednesday, November 7, 2007

finding peace

I think the dark mornings are my most difficult hurdle. If I can even get up to turn on a light I feel better. This morning I got up, ate, did my lesson for Bible Study and then went outside.
It's a wonderful fall day. Stepping out the door brought me joy. I knew I needed to move so I began getting in wood, emptying the ashes, compost, peelings to the cows. Walking in the leaf covered grass was nice. After a half hour of work I sat in the swing and listened. Peaceful.
Noise behind me and I saw several small birds in the lilac bush. Watching them was so centering. "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. All things were made by Him and without Him was not anything made that was made." Words from John made me wonder how God knew what we would love. Or if God created us to love the creation.

No comments: