Sunday, December 5, 2010

Travel Companions

"It doesn't matter where you go in life, it's who you have beside you." I would have never made it to Israel if it hadn't been for Gayle. He and Kathryn invited me to go along with them last spring. Terry told them I would go before he asked me because he knows it's been a lifelong dream of mine to go. NO! He was not interested in going with me. OK, I said I'd go. But then I thought about guns, Iranian bombs, etc and decided I really wanted to leave this earth with Terry if that should happen. (purely selfish I know) Terry said he wasn't afraid of getting any diseases, he was afraid of lead poisoning. But one night I talked him into going with me. It was a great decision and one he does not regret the twisted arm. Once he decided to go, his love for history took over and he got more excited than me.
Being with Gayle and Kathryn was an added treat. Though we see each other a lot we really don't talk much or do much together, something I really miss. Terry said they were the only people he would trust to send me off to Israel with. That says a lot right there. Trust. That word describes our relationship with them. People of integrity, sincere faith, goodness and love. Terry and Gayle worked together for almost 25 years before they signed a contract with each other. Not necessary if you have trust. When we formed an LLC the law made us change that. We probably have very different views on many things but I totally trust that they are trying with all of their hearts to follow the Christ. For me, that's what matters most.
Their lives have impacted ours probably more than anyone else besides our own parents and kids. They have been my mentors for years and I admire them greatly. Our time with them was peaceful, restful, fun and deeply meaningful...Thanks, Gayle, for once again affecting the course of my life.

No comments: