Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Arriving in the Holy Land

I wanted to take pictures over and over but it was rude to be so "in the face" of people. I never saw so many different people. The Orthodox Jews were the most interesting with all their different hats and locks and costumes. We were told to be prepared for an unusual flight. That people would be up and about all the time on the plane and that when we got close to Israel it would get quiet, an almost holy silence, and then we would hear cheering when we landed. It wasn't quite like that. People were up a lot, just to stretch but it wasn't party like. Excitement was definitely in the air and our seat mate, a lady from Indiana talked alot. She was a widow who had come with a group from Indiana where Lester Sumerall had his ministry. I'm ahead of myself. Anyway, when we landed in TelAViv people did clap. Looking out the window, seeing the coast of the Mediterranian was a thrill for me. Of course, it is just a modern city now but it is the coast where Paul traveled with other wonderful history. We landed into another adventure in our lives. And, boy, was I thankful to be getting off that plane! Hello Jet Lag!

No comments: