Sunday, December 5, 2010

Israel

When I leave a great camp or reunion, for months I think back on parts of it that were so meaningful for me. I am experiencing that type of wonder now, following our trip to Israel. So I'm going to write about it- not because I want to share it with others though I know others will read but because I want to re-remember each event and bathe in the beauty of the experience. I want to write for myself and then I hope to put it in a book.
Speaking of books...before I went to Israel, for the past few years I've been reading books about the middle east and the Israel/Arab conflict. Books like Kite Runner, Blood Brothers, Time to Betray, Exodus, My Life, The Late Great State of Israel, the Haj, Zion Chronicles, ... well, others too but can't think right now. Most are heavily pro Jewish authors simply because I happened on them. I don't regret that though I would like to read some positive stuff about Arabs. Just haven't found too many. I like historical fiction but some non-fiction, like, My Life by Golda Meir (used to be prime minister of Israel)were so interesting that I couldn't put it down. Anyway, I'm so thankful to have read, esp. that one since it made so many things in Israel so interesting, understanding the "behind the scenes" better. So...here goes...

No comments: