Sunday, May 31, 2009

one more

I just thought of another extremely funny time. We were having prayer meeting at Twila Snyder's home. She was an elderly lady who was a friend of Grandma Cora. She was 7th Day Adventist and went to our church on Sunday and Wednesday evenings. She was almost deaf and seldom remembered her hearing aids. One night, near Christmas we were singing a Christmas song but the person in charge had told us to sing only the first verse. I think it was Silent Night. Twila didn't hear that announcement. So when the song ended, Twila didn't. She had a crackly, squeaky voice. She continued singing, by herself because she also didn't look up to see she was singing alone. I believe at one point we decided to join her so she wouldn't be embarassed but the damage was done. I especially remember Terra's laughter on the way home. The kids had been complaining about the boring prayer meetings. It wasn't boring that night!

1 comment:

Tiff said...

I remember that too. I had a hard time not laughing during that one.