Sunday, May 10, 2009

Advocate

I like the idea of God being like a Father. I like the idea of God being like a Mother. The idea of God being both, a mix is a blessing to me. I recommend the DVD, "She" by Rob Bell. John Edward's wife was on Oprah the other day. She has terminal cancer. Oprah asked her if it was true that people who have lost a child look at their own death differently. Mrs. Edwards said that was true for her.
The whole heaven thing is beyond my comprehension. But I've noticed since Mom's death that heaven definitely seems more "friendly." My head tells me that God is good and loving and kind and accepting. But my heart is much more willing to believe I will be accepted and loved in heaven since Mom is there. The Bible says Jesus is my advocate. I've found comfort thinking that He is there rooting for me. But that comfort has doubled since the one who always thought the best of me is there also. OK, so this particular blog is off limits as a theological discussion. Mom says, feelings are just feelings, neither bad or good, they just are. I claim that decision.

No comments: