Wednesday, January 23, 2013

ranch meetings

Sacred.  I never thought I would view them that way.  We are discussing the new house being built at the ranch.  colors, walls, toilets, window height, mudrooms, showers, tubs - Hard for husband and wife to agree on, let alone 11 people.  Yet the rule seemed to be respect, honor, desire to listen and desire to not offend.  Laughter.  I love the laughter.  Treasure it, even.  In Gayle and Kathryn I feel like we have a gift for awhile, for as long as we are blessed enough to have them.  How they in their wisdom submit sometimes to our wishes and sometimes give their advise.  But they treat us respectfully, lovingly.  Jim and Nancy, how they are quiet when we discuss the home they will live in.  Kathryn praising their quiet.  Ken, flying up because he wants so much to be a part of it. He and Jim giving heir knowledge and experience.  Everyone sharing their thoughts, experiences.
It's hard to leave the old ranch house...so many memories.  I'm not sure how everyone else feels but to me, I feel God's hand in this new adventure into the new.  Like those old times are being gently placed into the new.  I know when I go to the meetings that I have to pray about them and that most likely others, especially Kathryn, are also praying, asking God's presence, God's light. What a sacred trust we have to pass on a heritage to the next generation.  I hope they will also pray.  This morning I am thanking God.  Deep praise within for the goodness God has brought into my life.

1 comment:

Carla J said...

This is cool for me to hear, thanks CA.