Monday, January 2, 2012

Moments

I love getting books for Christmas.  This year I am reading 3. The 3rd Harry Potter so I can talk to Spencer who is also reading them.  I picked up one for myself for Christmas by Joyce Meyer who I am always helped by- " 100 Ways to Simplify Your Life."  I"m reading a way a week and trying to put it into practice. Day one was, "Do One Thing At a Time".  Focus our minds on the thing we're doing, stay in the moment.  I've found such joy in enjoying my moments.  It's quite a discipline and I will have to work on it all year.  I am enjoying sunrises, the softness of Angel's fur, the beauty of our cat's face, listening, really hearing Terry.
My all time favorite book I got from Nathan and Karen and it's from Public Radio's  "Speaking of Faith" by Krista Tippett.  It is touching a very inner core in me.  Yesterday I read, "Develop eyes to see and ears to hear"...something mysterious happens when you train your eyes to see differently, your ears to hear differently, to attend to what you have been ignoring."  She says every religious tradition has these same ideas. 
I love how these two books are teaching me the same value.  The value of Life lived a moment at a time.  When I get the same message from so many directions I thank God because I know I need that message and I believe it's coming from the Divine.
Speaking of God...Is God not like a Parent to longs to bless Her children if they will only ask?  That is the God I believe in.  It seems like if I truly want to find God, putting aside all else, God is immediately at my side.  Well, I suppose God is always there and I just have made myself ready to receive. - finally.

No comments: