Friday, January 13, 2012

I love diversity.  I like different breakfasts every morning.  I like meeting different kinds of people. I love listening to different ideas.  Once we were involved in a bible study with people of many different faiths.  It was so stimulating.  Each of them told us they were raised to believe their church was "the one true church."  Of course I thought that was unique to the RLDS faith.  Once we talked about baptism and those who practice infant baptism shared their belief about that.  I found it interesting and I could see the view but I didn't have to embrace it myself.  With that group I didn't feel compelled to talk them into my way.  I loved being there and had great respect for those who came.  I especially liked those who didn't try to talk me into their beliefs.  This morning I listened to a website the Mormons have on the "I am a Mormon" thing.  I enjoyed it very much.  Many mornings I listen to a devotion, "Pray-As-You-Go".  It's a Catholic site and the music and scriptures bless me so much.  I hear many negative things about "right wing christianity" but when I meet them I'm impressed by their passion for God.  I absolutely love those who sincerely want to find God and spend their lives searching.  I love my own church.  Really, I've given much of my life for it.  Even at times when I didn't like it very  much I continued going and giving.  I think it's just part of my Golden Retreiver personality.  I'm loyal and faithful. I love the idea of continuing revelation, that God still speaks.  I love our way of working together as a community.  I love that we are trying now to listen and understand each other.  I also love the things I've learned with contact with people of other faiths.  It was people of other faiths who taught me to love scripture and learn about Jesus more completely.  It was from people of other faiths that I learned to worship in more ritualistic ways.  I love the rituals in some churches.  I would be less of a person if I had not listened and embraced other faiths. I believe God is at work in each one of us and in many faiths, bringing people to their Creator.
I wish you could see the sunrise now.  It's amazing.

1 comment:

Carla J said...

Awesome entry, CA. Thank you.