Wednesday, June 9, 2010

beyond words

Today, Terry and I played golf in Three Forks. It was an overcast but lovely day. I love that course because of all the birds and wildlife around. The clouds were tremendous. I was caught up in the beauty of the scenery. Walking to one of the places to tee off I passed a man. He looked more like a mountain man than a golfer and as we passed each other we spoke a friendly greeting and a few words.
Ok, this is the beyond words part. I just understood how precious and loved by God this man was. And I understood how much God loves our diversity. Don't ask me how I knew that. I just did.
I had an experience like it before once when I was walking in the Philadelphia airport. Packed with people and I knew in a way I can't explain that God deeply loved every one of them individually. I knew I could only "get it" a little bit, certainly was unable to fathom the completeness of His love but even that little understanding was a wonderful thing.
I don't know why God gave me that understanding. But I treasure it and I hope I never deny it.

No comments: