Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Rachel Elizabeth Drake

When I think of Rachel I think of a tiny hand reaching up to hold mine; a giggle, almost unheard, a calm confidence as she marches to her own drummer; a lovely little lady lying on her belly reading an open book, lost in her own world of wonder;
standing in the big chair waving her arms as she leads a song; an almost weightless body crawling on to your lap, snuggling in to you; slowly eating in her high chair; chattering as she helps with dishes. When I think of Rachel I think of the many times she surprises me with her funny sense of humor; her bright insights on a situation; her angry growl when things don't go her way. Whenever I think of Rachel I say a prayer that she will stay her independent, unique, loving, delightful self.

No comments: