Sunday, October 21, 2007

I believe

I believe in God, the creator of eveything, the mystery, beyond my understanding. I believe God's greatest desire is for His/Her Love to be returned. Relationship. That God is like a huge ball of love, desiring us to open to that Love but will not enter us without our permission.
And I believe in Jesus Christ who is God come to earth for us. A gift so that we understand God better. And that the Cross is the greatest part of that mystery that is Jesus. The greatest part of that mystery for us is that Jesus showed that God loves us and showed us God's solidarity with us in suffering and even death. And in life ever after.
And I believe in the Gift of the Holy Spirit, my first Love. That bears testimony to Jesus Christ and God the Son and that through that Spirit we have life abundantly, and beautifully even in the worst of situations. And I believe that Holy Spirit binds us together as a human family in ways not possible through anything else. She redeems, cleanses, brings joy and peace. Through that Spirit we are able to forgive and be free from the sins that separate us from each other and from God.
And through that Spirit we are given communion and community with any and all of God's children if we choose.

No comments: